Why Should One Go For Granny Flats?
Click on 'Green Button' below to calculate your interstate moving cost for free.
If you are new to the concept of the granny flat, this blog will give you all the information about granny flats. These are also known as an accessory dwelling unit (ADU) or accessory apartment.
It can be directly attached to the home. It may be connected from the interior of the house or may have exterior walkways. Many people also convert the extra space into granny flats. If you have limited space, then you can build a granny flat above the garage.
What are the benefits of granny flats?
The concept of a granny flat is not new; it has long been in existence. But, in the modern-day, it has been converted into a new space in addition to your house. You can use it for your guests or yourself or your grandparents.
There are several advantages of granny flats, and these are elucidated below:
- Give your room a stylish tweak- These granny flats can give some extra space, and you can utilize this space in different ways. You can comfortably accommodate your friends and guests in your granny flat and provide complete privacy to them. These look stylish and elegant. You can also hire an interior designer who specializes in granny flat architecture, and they can give the mundane looking space a stylish tweak.
- Get monetary benefit- Another advantage that these flats offer is they can be of good rental value. You can use the extra space around your home and convert it into an accessory dwelling and put it on rent. This will give you additional monetary benefits. Apart from that, you can use it as your office.
- Enhance the value of the house- Any positive addition that you make in your house enhances its value. Granny flats are no more an accessory dwelling. Instead, they have become a part of the house. Many people use it as a residence, while others use it as a library or lounge. Irrespective of the reason, these flats are going to be a great value addition to your place.
Granny flats are mostly designed for the old aged family members and they can live in their own space independently. You can get in touch with them and give them some extra space to live in. But you can also use your granny flat as your extra storage and keep your house neat and clean.
There are certain other advantages of granny flats, these are:
- It is an affordable option for home extension and you can easily build a granny flat at affordable rate.
- You would not be required to do a lot of paperwork. Thus, constructing a granny flat is an easy affair. Make sure, you must take proper permission from your local municipality and you can take help from your contractor or builder in this regard.
- Optimal space utilization with value addition, that’s what granny flats bring with them.
- They are affordable, environment-friendly, and also hold a great rental value.
Many of us have some extra space in our house or in our yard, and most of the time, these are used as a storage house. But, with a granny flat, you can give it a modish appeal.
It will not only make your place look stylish and contemporary but will also add value to your place. Depending on the space available, you can go for 1 BHK, or 2BHK, or 3BHK granny flats. Make sure that you connect with a professional and expert in granny flat design to make the best utilization of the available space.
Don't have time to read the whole blog right now?
Let us send you a PDF so you can read it when it's comfortable for you. Just let us know where to send it (takes few seconds):
10 August 2020Read More
21 July 2020Read More
15 July 2020Read More
05 March 2020Read More
15 January 2020Read More
23 December 2019Read More
31 October 2019Read More
21 August 2019Read More